Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I’m not sure if this is within the scope of the open repeater project or not. I am trying to come up with a way to control relays via clicks (3,5,7) similar to pilot activated runway lights. The radio that will activate the system does not have DTMF/CTCSS or any tone capabilities. Can this be done by deactivating the DTMF function and use a squelch counting function?

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Hello Eric and welcome to the forums. DTMF would be easy with the relay module, but I think I follow what you are asking for. No there is no inbuilt functionality for ORP like this or for SVXLink (the core system) that I am aware of. ORP is pretty much a UI wrapper on top of SVXLink that builds desired configurations. I think it may be doable with a custom module. SVXLink uses modules and ORP modules are essentially an SVXLink module structured a certain way to help make it installable as well a settings UI page and code files that help ORP build the proper config files. The SVXLink module portion is written with TCL. You may be able to take the ORP Remote Relay module and use that as a base for a new module. I guess it would probably need to run as a daemon like the TX fan module and have a code loop in it that would count squelch open/closes within a certain time frame and based on the count activate a certain relay function. In theory it sounds possible…it’s just a mater of coding it.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.