Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello all, I’m not sure if this can be done but MOST repeaters mute the DTMF tones coming in while activating a function on the repeater itself.

I want to be able to pass those tones over to a another radio on simplex via RF (crosbanding using a third radio) so that I can have it activate a ClearNode device that can change digital modes via DTMF and then cross repeat from Digital to analog back into my OpenRepeater repeater.

I know that the DTMF tones from the simplex crossband Analog works into my OpenRepeater but going back the other way will not work unless the DTMF tones are NOT muted.

Is this possible, and if so what do I need to modify in the SVXLink sofware?

Thanks,
    Dave (now W3DAK)

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

SVXLink does have a variable called DTMF_MUTING. ORP enables this by default (hard coded). You could modify some PHP code to disable DTMF_MUTING and make it pass the DTMF. It would be an all or nothing approach…On or off. Once version 3 of ORP is released it will included overrides to make this easier.

As for muting this on the RX side for both the main repeater but not on a simplex link, I cannot think up how to achieve this or if it would be doable.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.