Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi, I have a problem with my ORP Dashboard Ver. 2.2.0 (dev)
    It builds up very slowly and the Core System Info is e.g. not displayed at all and hangs on loading … I am using a Raspi 4
    What could be the problem here?
    73s Klaus, OE4KMU

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Hello Klaus,
    I had changed this over to an AJAX back in 2.0.0 and made some more revisions to that since then. I find it loads slow in my environment as well. I am currently running on a Pi 4 as well with 4GB of RAM. It doesn’t matter what Pi I run it on and even with multiple different builds it still loads slow for me, always has. But for others, they’ve told me that is loads pretty quickly. This has always stumped me. The best I can figure is maybe it has to do with network requests and a particular network setup. Seems slow for some and reasonably quick for others. This is the whole reason for switching to AJAX entirely, even for the initial page load which I believe I change that back in 2.1.2 for the initial page load.

Problem was for these setup it would take forever for the page to load when going to the dashboard when it loaded with the initial page. With the change in 2.1.2 it loads empty containers for the data. Then the data gets pulled in via AJAX. This allows the user to navigate away from the page before it loads in all the data, which wasn’t possible prior to 2.1.2. It just that it load at different speeds for different configurations.

For me, my Core System information takes up to about 30 seconds to fully load in. When I asked Dan about this in the past, I think he said his loads in within seconds. Have you let it set on this page for a while? Maybe up to a couple minutes to see if it eventually loads in?

If not, you can check a few places to see if it is erroring out. For the Javascript/jQuery…open up your browsers console and reload the page and watch there. If there are any client side JS errors they should show up here. Also check to see if there are any PHP errors “server side”. You can do this by SSHing into the Pi and tailing the web server error log. That should be located here: /var/log/nginx/error.log

The way this works is there are jQuery functions that load client side and make separate requests back to a php file on the Pi. That PHP file then calls to another PHP class file. The methods within that class call out to a bash script that is has sudo permissions for (orp_helper) to make the system requests. Once that executes, it returns results back to the PHP class which are processed and returned back to the calling PHP file which then returns those results back to the client side jQuery script which then loads them in to the UI. It’s a fairly complex process, so there could be numerous points of failure. Maybe what you would find in the console would give us an idea of where it’s handing up. Again it could be network related as well.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Hello Aaron,

I have now solved the problem. Strangely, everything works fine with the Chrome browser. Some routers can also cause problems there. In any case, everything is now displayed as it should.
    A question, when will a new ORP version with the latest SVXLinkTrunks appear?
    Thank you for your help!
    73s Klaus, OE4KMU

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Glad to hear that you got it worked out. Let us know if it shows up again.

The dev release (2.2.0) you are messing with now is the most recent. When we build images we typically build them with a release version of SVXLink. As of this post the most current release version is 19.09.1 from September 2019. We don’t do regular builds off of the trunk version as that is always changing and could create conflicts with our code. The build script should give you some advanced options to build with trunk but the results may be less predicable. I’d only try that if you are prepared to experiment.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.