Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Just trying to get an echolink simplex node working. I can hear sounds on my radio and the ras pi can hear the dtmf commands from my radio. I can connect to echotest and hear its prompts, but it plays back nothing. I can connect to a friends windows echolink client and i can hear him but he cannot hear me. He can connect to my node, but again i hear him, bur he cannot hear me. I assume if the ras pi can hear my dtmf commands, i should have at least audible audio settings, but nothing gets out to internet. Sound comes in fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Randy

P.S. Yeah, I tried turning on and off listen only mode. Made no difference. Sure acts as if stuck in listen only mode though.

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Hello Randy,
    What are you using for interface hardware? What version of ORP are you running?

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Dan, KG7PAR
    Forum Administrator

Also confirm your router setting are all correct. This is most common issue with echolink.

https://secure.echolink.org/pingTest.jsp

Home made hardware. Just a couple of optoisolators, a npn transistor, and a couple of capacitors, and 5 resistors. Hardware works otherwise DTMF codes would not get to the ras pi or I couldn’t hear receive audio. Both of which work.

I was using version 2.1.2. I see that 2.1.3 just landed. Will try that.

Did that test. Passed. Before I opened up my router I couldn’t connect to anything and I couldn’t hear any audio from Echolink, only from the OpenRepeater software on the RasPi. Now I can give commands to Echolink and can hear incoming audio from them. Just no outgoing.

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Ok I was making sure that you weren’t using specific hardware with an audio codec. The newer kernel mutes its output by default which we fixed in 2.1.3. That shouldn’t be an issue on 2.1.2 unless you updated the system. Since you are using home brewed hardware doesn’t sound like it should affect you. You can still use the alsamixer to check to make sure you have the appropriate levels and nothing is muted.

Sounds weird but what size memory card are you using and have you expanded the file system? I’ve seen some odd behaviors when it runs out of space.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Also ensure that you don’t have your software based active high/low inverted for your hardware.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

The radio and the pi communicate ok,so the ptt and cos active states are good. I am using and 8GB full size sd card on a Pi 2. I did expand the file system.

I don’t remember whether or not I did an update. May have. Am using Sabrent USB sound card, model no: AU-EMAC.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.