Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi!
    Since a few days my Openrepeater Relais failed.
    The Webserver and Svxlink services does not starting.
    I have no idea why? What can i do now?
    Access via ssh is possible.

Here are the log…

svxlink.service – SvxLink repeater control software
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/svxlink.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: failed (Result: core-dump) since Tue 2019-11-26 11:20:00 CET; 14min ago
    Docs: man:svxlink(1)
    Process: 668 ExecStart=/usr/bin/svxlink –logfile=${LOGFILE} –config=${CFGFILE} –pidfile=${PIDFILE} –runasuser=${RUNASUSER} (code=dumped, signal=SEGV) Process: 665 ExecStartPre=/bin/chown ${RUNASUSER} ${LOGFILE} (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Process: 662 ExecStartPre=/bin/touch ${LOGFILE} (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Main PID: 668 (code=dumped, signal=SEGV)

Nov 26 11:19:59 openrepeater systemd[1]: svxlink.service: Failed with result ‘core-dump’.
    Nov 26 11:20:00 openrepeater systemd[1]: svxlink.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
    Nov 26 11:20:00 openrepeater systemd[1]: Stopped SvxLink repeater control software.
    Nov 26 11:20:00 openrepeater systemd[1]: svxlink.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
    Nov 26 11:20:00 openrepeater systemd[1]: Failed to start SvxLink repeater control software.
    Nov 26 11:20:00 openrepeater systemd[1]: svxlink.service: Unit entered failed state.
    Nov 26 11:20:00 openrepeater systemd[1]: svxlink.service: Failed with result ‘core-dump’.
    ~
    lines 1-16/16 (END)
    ● svxlink.service – SvxLink repeater control software
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/svxlink.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: failed (Result: core-dump) since Tue 2019-11-26 11:20:00 CET; 14min ago
    Docs: man:svxlink(1)
    Process: 668 ExecStart=/usr/bin/svxlink –logfile=${LOGFILE} –config=${CFGFILE} –pidfile=${PIDFILE} –runasuser=${RUNASUSER} (code=dumped, signal=SEGV) Process: 665 ExecStartPre=/bin/chown ${RUNASUSER} ${LOGFILE} (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Process: 662 ExecStartPre=/bin/touch ${LOGFILE} (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Main PID: 668 (code=dumped, signal=SEGV)

Nov 26 11:19:59 openrepeater systemd[1]: svxlink.service: Failed with result ‘core-dump’.
    Nov 26 11:20:00 openrepeater systemd[1]: svxlink.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
    Nov 26 11:20:00 openrepeater systemd[1]: Stopped SvxLink repeater control software.
    Nov 26 11:20:00 openrepeater systemd[1]: svxlink.service: Start request repeated too quickly

73s Klaus,OE4KMU

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Hello Klaus,
    That is strange that both services are not starting. I don’t see any indication in the log provide mentioning anything failures with the nginx service, but that doesn’t mean much. If you say it’s not running then I will take your word for it.

My guess would be either something got corrupted at the system level on your SD card, or if you happened to run system updates which you would have had to do via SSH, then that could have broken something.

I would say your best bet it to start with fresh build. I would advise using a different card for 2 reasons: 1) if the other card is being flakey, then you want have any repeat issues and 2) so you have the option to mount the defective card and pull files from it.

If you do your new build as the same version you should be able to copy over your openrepeater.db file to the new install. Also if you happen to have any custom files like courtesy tones, identifications, etc, you could manually copy those over as well.

If you happened to use the backup feature and download an offline file before it corrupted, you can use that to restore on the new build a little more automated. That will package up the important table in the database as well as all the sound files uploaded into the UI, and alsamixer settings.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.