Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Thank you so much for a wonderful project. I have a problem. I have made it in “sigel mod” and have a single radio which is connected to a my local repeater. When I activate the echolink module, it always responds with a “Beep” tone when the PTT is disconnected. And this means that my local repeater responds with another “Poop” and then the echolink module with “Beep” and this never stops, going back and forth without stopping. I feel that the time is about 200ms that the echolink module makes that tone. So my question is is it possible to get this tonde removed and how? Thanks for all the help! Best 73 Ivar, LA9TKA, Norway

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

My test setup is down at the moment so I cannot dig in too deep at the moment. I was thinking that it might be one of the sound files. I browsed through the sound files and SVXLink doesn’t appear to be playing a “beep” sound from what I can tell looking through the sound folders for “core”, “default”, and “echolink”. If that was the case I was going to suggest you just replace the sound with a silent file. So that leads me to believe that it would be generating the beep using synthesis. So my next guess would be that it is would be in a TCL file. So probably EchoLink.tcl or ModuleEchoLink.tcl. I cannot recall the exact path to those files a the moment. However, if it is not in their then that probably means that it is in the compiled C++ code that SVXLink is written in which would involve digging that up in the code and recompiling SVXLink from scratch.

You may find an answer over at https://groups.io/g/svxlink. Let us know.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.