Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    5B4AKV
    User

Dear All ,

If this has being asked already please, apologies in advance .

So I have an issue that I need to decode DTMF codes from 2 separate radios ( that are allegedly to be used in crossband and a link ) but for now I need to have independent decoding of DTMF from both radios.

How can I do it ( it now works from 1 radio but not from the other my config has 2 repeater + 1 link I know is wrong but I will try to refine it soon )

second question how to customize the DTMF commands for each relay module
    and further more if they can be customized for each channel per say )

Thank you in advance

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Hello Alexandros,
    I cannot say that I fully understand your questions. Can I assume that you are using a stock IMG of 2.1.2 that only supports 1 repeater (full duplex port) and any additional port is a linked simplex port…is that correct? So you’d have one repeater port (2 radios…RX & TX), then a third simplex radio?

If you are having issues with DTMF decode on your simplex port, that might be because by default (in 2.1.2) the simplex ports are stripped down to function more as a link port. Modules are currently not loaded in the simplex logics (links). It shouldn’t take too much work in PHP to enable this, but it would share the same module as the primary port, so DTMF codes would be the same.

If your needs are very specific, it could suit you to do a SVXLink only build. If you need the module to behave entirely different on the additional port, you’d likely have to clone the module files, rename them to a new name and edit the module code to change the namespaces to match. Then call the cloned module from your second port.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

5B4AKV
    User

Dear Aaron ,
    I am sorry if I made it confusing.
    My setup is currently 2 Radios V/U in crossband mode ( I have a Motorola RICK in between them that does the full duplex )
    and I want to decode DTMF codes from both radios to trigger relays to enable and disable the link.
    there are 2 approaches to this.( as I see it )
    1. make the logic and everything though open repeater and ditch all the analogue stuff( Motorola RICK controller )
    2. keep the analogue stuff as as because I know they work and just let the DTMF decoding to open repeater and the announcements for signaling to the users(and the Relays to connect the link).

Now in both situations I need to modify the DTMF codes and find a way to make each channel to use different DTMF codes to activate and deactivate the link ( this is done though hardware with the relays if option 2 is used or software wise if option 1 is selected )

I hope is a bit clearer now.

Thank you in advance

5B4AKV

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

So you are saying that your RICK is operating as a bidirectional controller? ORP and the SVXLink standard repeater logic for that matter, operates as a as one directional controller. Maybe I will see if Dan chimes in as well, but I am thinking for your V/U Crossband (bi-directional) you would need two simplex logics for each radio, one for VHF and one for UHF, and them have them linked together persistently. Then for your “Link Radio” you would need to have another link defined that can join all three when requested by DTMF.

Check out the svxlink configuration manual (http://www.svxlink.org/doc/man/man5/svxlink.conf.5.html) and search for the “Logic Linking” section. In ORP 2.1.2 this is not available. but in 2.2.0/3.0 we are improving the linking. We will be calling it link groups, but unfortunately for the time being, the ORP code structure only allows for one of our link groups being defined per port or svxlink logic section. I think you can add more than one link to a logic in straight SVXLink. You would either need to custom the PHP a good bit to output these results or you might be better going to straight SVXLink for now.

If you wanted to build a straight SVXLink system on a Pi, you should be able to use our build scripts, there should be an option in there to build an SVXLink only setup without the ORP UI on top. You loose the ORP UI, but you gain some flexibility in the ability to implement more unique SVXLink configurations. Just some thoughts.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

5B4AKV
    User

Dear Aaron ,

Thank you for the help.

Yes the RICK is working as the bidirectional controller.
    Yes I should try to make it manually. Because I am not fluent in PHP.

but thank you though !

never the less I was hopping to just use open repeater to control 2 relays to enable and disable the link ( that’s why I needed only the RX part for DTMF decoding ) anyhow , I will see what I can come up with and also post my solution soon I hope 😀

Thank you in advance
    5B4AKV.

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Sounds good.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.