Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi All,

Can someone please tell me where the echolink inactivity timeout settings are.

I would like to connect to another node permanently but get booted after a few minutes of inactivity.

Maarten
    VK6MP

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Hello Maarten,
    I don’t think the EchoLink was really intended to function as a persistent link between repeaters. There are two timeout values associated with the EchoLink Module that I am aware of. The first is just the general module time out that is settable in the EchoLink settings. There is a second timeout setting that is hard coded at 5 minutes when the EchoLink configuration file is written out.

Even if you change both of these, it is also going to be dependent upon if the other repeater that you connect into is going to time you out as well. If you want, you can try to temporarily edit the /etc/svxlink/svxlink.d/ModuleEchoLink.conf file and comment out both the TIMEOUT and LINK_IDLE_TIMEOUT values (or set them to zero), then restart the SVXLink service using the following command as root: “orp_helper svxlink restart”. You won’t be able to make any modifications within the Web UI otherwise they will overwrite your configuration changes.

You can try this and see if you can keep your link persistent or if the other EchoLink node boots you after a certain time period. If that works, I can give you further instructions on how to modify your PHP code for now to allow for the customization. Then we can consider improvements in future releases.

Ultimately, SVXLink, the core of OpenRepeater, has another feature called SVXServer that allows for IP linking between repeater. Both repeater would need to be running SVXLink based controllers. We have been talking about implementing this feature in a future release of ORP.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.