Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello! I would like to add more svxlink control functions in the web interface. Copy some code from some buttons, but I had problems with the code variables. For example, I want to add a field to enable or modify values in MAX_QSOS, MAX_CONNECTIONS, LINK_IDLE_TIMEOUT, AUTOCON_ECHOLINK_ID, AUTOCON_TIME in ModuleEchoLink.conf.

In what way can I do to create the controls in the web interface.

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Hello Ronualdo,
    You should be using version 1.1.0 which is the publicly available version at the time of this post. The simplest thing would be to make the modification in the the PHP file that writes out the configurations: /var/www/openrepeater/functions/svxlink_update.php

There is a knowledge base articles located here https://openrepeater.com/knowledgebase/topic/custom-svxlink-configuration to get you started.

You will see that down around lines 189-212 is the code that builds the echolink config. ID, TIMEOUT, SERVERS, MAX_QSOS, MAX_CONNECTIONS, LINK_IDLE_TIMEOUT, and USE_GSM_ONLY are currently hard coded values. You may change these to whatever you want in this file and they will get written out to the config file as such. After you make changes, just be sure to change some value in the UI so that you get prompted to rebuild the config file. This is what executes the PHP.

To add them into the UI will take a bit more work, especially if you don’t plan to change them much. You will need to make modifications to the database as well as the front end PHP. Also in the next upcoming version the echolink will be grouped under a new module section and options will be saved into a serialized array for each module. For that reason I wouldn’t modify the DB structure just yet.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Aaron, N3MBH grateful for answering me.

Is there a development version that can help? Or that I can visualize?

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

UI code is available on GitHub repo, Ionosphere is the development branch.
    https://github.com/OpenRepeater/openrepeater/tree/ionosphere

Still working on build scripts to create new system with Debian/Raspbian Stretch and latest version of SVXLink.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

Hello! Uploading audio files to “courtesy_tone and identification” is not working. Is there anything that can be done to solve this problem? Version I use is 1.1.0

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Hello Ronualdo,
    I recall a couple other people have had that problem as well with 1.1.0. Version 2.0.0 is on the horizon. I mostly have the build script done and successfully built a full install last night. Now the only thing left to do is some bug squashing.

In the new 2.0.0 version (ionosphere), I have completely rewritten the audio functions into a class. While doing that I cannot remember what the problem was with the 1.1.0 setup. Whether is was a bug in the php code or the permissions not getting set correctly on the upload folder.

If you want to be an early tester for 2.0.0, let me know. In the mean time, as long as you can select the existing sounds and they play, a work around would be to upload new sounds via SFTP to the appropriate folder under “/var/lib/openrepeater/sounds/”. You will just need to make sure that you save them into the very specific WAV format that SVXLink requires to play them back otherwise they won’t play. You can open one of the existing files in an audio editor and match the same formatting or you can convert is from the command line using the SOX utility:

sox "/path/to/original.wav" -r16000 -b16 -esigned-integer -c1 "/path/to/converted.wav"

Once you do that is should show up in your list of files to be selected.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

Hello Aaron – N3MBH! Your information was valuable. Cosegui find the problem of not uploading audio files in summer 1.1.0. The SOX software is not installed on the image. When installing SOX the audio file upload works.

I would like to test and help in summer 2.0.0.

Thankful!

Ronualdo – PU4RON
    Janauba / MG (Brazil)

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Very good and thanks for pointing out that the SOX package is missing on the 1.1.0 image. Perhaps that will be of help to others until the 2.x.x version is released.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.