Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have been actively using ORP for a couple months now. Our club wants to add Echolink connectivity to our repeater, which does not have internet at the site. I am setting up a remote link at my QTH so I can monitor activity and reset the controller, if needed. One thing I noticed while in the setup and testing phase, is there is no display of connected stations on the dashboard. I frequently check the dashboard to monitor how the system is performing as this is my first time working with ORP and getting familiar with it. Would it be possible to have a “connected stations” display on the dashboard, under the SVXLink status?

Thanks,
    Terry, KB0FXK

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

This is currently a function on the SVXLink side. I’ve not found any way to connect into SVXLink to acquire this info. It would likely involve some recoding on the SVXLink side. While you can see connections on the svxlink log file, those logs eventually get cleared. I had some crude success in the past of Grepping the the log for callsigns connecting and disconnecting, but I didn’t get much farther past that. It would likely involve a parsing script to insert those into a database table for later sorting and displaying. As well as building out a front end display for it. GREPing the log is certainly not and ideal solution, so I was hoping to find another way to accomplish this.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.