Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Sorry if this has been asked befor, i did a search and did not find anything.

I would like to use the ICS-CTRL Pi 2x and OPENREPEATER to crossband my 2 xpr 8300’s.

One is vhf and the the other uhf.

I know there needs to be a manual entry thru ssh a command line. I believe in the /etc/svxlink/svxlink.conf file to do this.

Would anyone know where and what exactly needs to be entered to do perfom this.
    I also know using the WEB UI will overwrite this.

Idealy when one is in RX the other is in unit is in TX and vice versa.

Thanks,
    Dave
    W3DAK formerly KB3WYD

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

The should be entirely possible with the current cofiguration without any modification of the code. This would assume that you’d be using one unit/band as the input frequency and the other unit/band as the output band. This is what I would refer to as a “one-way” cross band setup. It would function much like a regular repeater…just on two bands instead of with a offset frequency within the same band.

You can also do this on a single port and treat it as a regular repeater within ORP. You would just need to make up a DB9 splitter cable from the Pi Repeater 2x port 1 that splits out to the two radios…1 as an input and the other as an output.

I have given this some thought before but have never gotten around to testing in the real world. It would be great because you could use a diplexer for filtering and using a single dual band antenna instead of using larger duplexer cans. It would make it more portable. Then you would just set up your dual band HT to transmit on the one band and receive on the other band…very similar to how you’d communicate with a satellite on two bands. Hope that gives you a good starting point.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.