Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

When accessing “ALSAMIXER” directly there are about 30 parameters.
    I am using the ICS Pi 2c hat on a RPI 3b+

My question is, what do those individual parameters adjust relative to the audio inputs and outputs…I understand the Left vs Right, Port #1 Port #2, but the mixing levels of the two must also be addressed there…I just don’t know where.

Any suggestion appreciated

Jeff WB9OUF

Dan, KG7PAR
    Forum Administrator

Hi Jeff,

The alsamixer setting seem to be constantly changing, and admittedly I have no idea what most of them do. For our purposes the only ones that matter are the line in (mic?) And line out levels and PCM (virtual mixer). We typically recommend keeping these all at 80% to help prevent digital clipping of the audio.

As for mixing between channels, there is no mixing between channels, they are completely isolated in the audio path. The linking audio is done inside the svxlink software entirely.

If you need to adjust the linked audio levels, you need to do it with the adjustment pots on the board. There is a few setting in svxlink where you can adjust gain in db, but to my knowledge nobody really uses these and they are certainly not supported by the open repeater UI.

Dan, kg7par

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.