Adjust input and output audio

Home Forums Getting Started (Software) Adjust input and output audio

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Aaron, N3MBH 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mario
    User

I’m New with open repeater software all work but I like to adjust input and output audio lever with à software the audio is a bit to high how is the possibility to adjust.

MARIO

Dan Loranger
    Forum Moderator

Mario,

You can use the soft audio adjustments through the SSH interface. Once you login via ssh, you can open the alsamixer utility to adjust the audio, but the adjustment levels are usually very rough (20%) so you are better off using a potentiometer in the audio path for fine adjustments on both the input and output audio.

N0FON
    User

when I try to open alsamixer I get:
    root@orp:~# alsamixer
    cannot open mixer: No such file or directory

Dan Loranger
    Forum Moderator

Are you using a distributed image of orp or a self built one? If a distributed image, a reimage may help to resolve your issue as well if the below doesn’t work.

It should be there by default, but you could try running

apt-get install alsa-utils

To reinstall the utility.

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

N0FON,
    First make sure that alsamixer is recongnized:
    which alsamixer
    Should give you a response with a path to alsamixer. If you get nothing in response then it is not installed.

Secondly, I have seen before where the sound device doesn’t get assigned the anticipated card number and alsa mixer can’t find it?

What is the output of:
    aplay -l

Depending on the card number returned you may need to use a switch after alsamixer to select the card. What exactly that is I cannot say at the moment, as I’m not at my home office at the moment.

Aaron – N3MBH

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.