Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Getting back into working on this for our club. Been sitting for 6+ months. 🙂

Noticed that 2.2.X branch is 70 commits ahead of 2.1.2.

Is there a Release Candidate coming soon, or a possibility of a maintenance release? Is what is in the 2.2.X branch stable enough to run?

Thanks!
    Allen

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Hello Allen,
    2.2.x is a version that is working on some background code rewrites in preparation for the new 3.0.0 UI which is also being worked on the side as well. The plan is to marry the two codes sets, so 2.2.x might never be released publicly but rolled into 3.0.0.

It may or may not have any noticeable benefits…depending on what you are trying to do. It can certainly be built from our build script and run. So far it seems to be stable, but it is a working code base and can and might change.

I am currently working on my imaging script that I use to build images. Once I have that done, I will likely be releasing a 2.1.3 release. That will basically be the same as 2.1.2, but with an updated kernel to support the Raspberry Pi 4, 8GB…as that came out after 2.1.2 and there have been a few that have had issues when trying to run on that particular board.

If you are up to testing 2.2.x or have a specific need to use it, let me know. If you see something that 2.1.2 doesn’t let me know, and I will let you know if the base code for 2.2.x has support for that.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.