Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I thought I would be able edit svxlink.conf with my previous build to get up and running quickly with my USB soundcard interface for PTT as I don’t use any GPIO pins in my setup, but I quickly see the code has changed a good bit. Look forward to seeing discussions on custom setups. I used a different SD card for this update so going back to my previous is as easy as putting in the old. I see this is very fresh for everyone as I just got the email of the release as I typed this.

First thing I’m having trouble with is whereas before I changed RepeaterLogic to SimplexLogic but ORP_SimplexLogic_Port1 seems to be the new path and not getting the code to recognizing my PTTport as /dev/ttyUSB0 like before.

Excited about the new release and appreciate the work going in!

Well, I’m making some progress, I have the PTT working, have echolink connection, but unable to connect from phone for timeout(could be my cellular connection), but getting a message of UNABLE to handle event: ORP_SimplexLogic_Port1:every_minute in logic ORP_SimplexLogic_Port1 (invalid command name “ORP_SimplexLogic_Port1::every_minute”)

Out of time for tonight, more playing with it another night.

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Hello Brett,
    Yes the code has change for V2.0.0 that generates the svxlink.conf file. If you you look at the svxlink_update.php file, which is where you were probably making your modifications before. You will notice that it is making some calls to some new PHP classes. The first port it will call the repeater class and any additional it will use the simplex logic and add those to a link logic. You should be able to customize the svxlink_update.php and get it to call what you want, but I would need to understand what you are doing first. The ORP_SimplexLogic_Port1 logics are custom logics created by the class. They are copies of the original SimplexLogic.tcl files with updated namespaces and some other tweaks.

You may also be able to use the experimental “advanced mode” introduced in 2.0.0 for direct svxlink.conf editing. I would set it up as close as you can with the options that you want before switching to advanced mode. Again this is undocumented and experimental mode. To switch to advanced mode, log in, then go to https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/advanced.php (this is a hidden page). You should be prompted with options to switch. Once switched you can directly edit your svxlink.conf and gpio.conf files. Here you will probably want to switch back to the standard logic section naming of SimplexLogic.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Aaron, I know ORP isn’t really supporting UBS sound card interfaces currently, but to explain simply what I’m trying to do. I have a Kenwood 281 connected to a Rigblaster NOMIC USB interface which handles the PTT for the Kenwood. In the previous build of ORP I was able to configure ORP to use the USB interface and not having to use any GPIO pins. In a perfect world I could use the Web GUI to simply select my USB interface (RigBlaster) instead of a list of GPIO’s and manually editing .conf files.

I’ve had a couple years of computer programming, and found out I’m not the sharpest tool in the bag compared to others that was in the class, so I understand the difficulty of writing code and getting it to work. In short I’m happy that I have a echolink node able to run from a small pi3 instead of having a entire Desktop PC dedicated to running it.

I’ll just keep a eye out for new documentation from users as it gets explored more and maybe I’ll get v2.0 working for my set up, if not I’ll just throw my card with the previous version I already have working *Thumbs up* Thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.