- First, make sure that you have an appropriate driver for your USB-To-TTL cable/converter. There are a number of different manufactures that make the chipsets in these device (i.e. Prolific, Silicon Labs, and FTDI).
- Connect a USB to TTL adapter appropriate for your board to the UART pins. In most cases you will be connecting the ground lines and then crossing over the TX and RX lines...so TX to RX and RX to TX.
- Using an app on your computer that is capable of connecting via a serial terminal mode, like PuTTY for Windows or CoolTerm for Mac.
- Select the appropriate port and baud settings for your USB to TTL adapter.
- Login using the username and password.
Default Root Login Username: root Password: OpenRepeater Note: Previous beta versions might have used the following logins: RPI 2: root/debian (username/password) & Odroid C1: root/odroid (username/password). This has been fixed on newer releases.